Featured Not resolved
1.6

We ordered this product for my mother-in-law, who is 87. The most important feature for her was the fall detection.

When it arrived, we tested it at three feet onto her couch and the device never registered a fall. In order to get it to register a fall, I had to hold it at five feet and drop onto the floor. Even at this height, it only registered one out of three falls. It also didn't send texts to multiple phone numbers as it is supposed to do.

When we informed the company, they refused to offer a complete refund. We were informed that "management" would only offer a partial refund due to a $55 "restocking fee." DON'T BUY ANY PRODUCTS FROM THIS COMPANY!

Review about: Assistive Technology Services Skyangelfriends Medical Alert System.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments

dranderson

We bought one from them and have had excellent service and support.

This does not seem right. We have bought a lot from this company and they always treat us excellent.

philbur84
to Anonymous #1380435

Look, I had a bad experience with this company, and I just wanted other folks to know.

If you're a real customer, and you've had good service from them, then good for you, but that doesn't invalidate my bad experience with them.

If, however, you work at Assistive Technology Services, and you're trying to fix their bad reputation by posting anonymously, then that's duplicitous and dishonest. Given my experience with them, I would not be surprised.

to philbur84 #1457226

A truly legitimate and stable company should NEVER charge a restocking fee especially for a defective product. I have done thousands of online purchases and ALWAYS steer clear of companies who charge return fees.

I went to the manufacture website, assistivetechnologyservices.com/returnpolicy.html , and found the return policy. Check it out. I was thinking about purchasing the Home Medical Alert System but now have changed my mind.

I don't want to have issues with the product and get burned. Even if 1 customer is unhappy, it matters.